Thank you for your interest in a career with Oppenheim Architecture. To apply for one of the current openings listed below, please email our Human Resources Department. In your submission, please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the “Subject” line, and be sure to include a Cover Letter, your Résumé/CV and a portfolio sample, if applicable. If we determine that your credentials are an excellent fit for the position, someone from our recruiting staff will be in touch with you directly. Oppenheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ARCHITECTURAL VISUAL ARTIST (MIAMI)
We are currently looking for an Architectural Visual Artist to supplement our design team. The Architectural Visual Artist should have a degree in Architecture and a desire to focus on architectural representation and visualization with a keen eye for composition and lighting quality, and an interest in related artistic disciplines, ranging from photography, film, to graphic design.
The candidate should demonstrate a strong command of high-end rendering techniques and post production with strong skills in Maya, Rhino, Maxwell Render, Vray and Photoshop. The ability to work and collaborate in a creative team environment is essential.
- Highly creative approach towards image-making
- Degree in Architecture and/or Urban Planning
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in image-making at international architectural design firms or rendering agencies
- Strong graphic and design talent
- Excellent AutoCAD, Archicad, Maya, Rhino, Photoshop, Maxwell Render & Vray skills
- Ability to work and deliver within tight time frames
- Fluency in English; Bilingual (English/Mandarin, English/German) a plus
Salary and benefits are commensurate with ability and experience. Positions are currently based in Miami
ARCHITECTURE INTERN (BASEL)
Oppenheim Architecture is currently accepting applications for Architecture Interns to join our Basel studio. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated and well organized, and would possess exceptional design and graphic skills, attention to detail, communication skills, and a flexible mentality.
- Candidates should be currently studying Architecture or other relevant courses
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Rhino, Sketchup (Archicad a plus)
- Strong graphic design and model-making skills
- Ability to interact with team members at all levels and to help in the preparation of drawings, 3D models, presentations, and so on, for projects at all stages
- Proficiency in spoken and written English (German, Spanish or other languages a plus)
- Candidates should be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your application documents with CV and work samples by email to email@example.com.
ARCHITEKTIN / ARCHITEKT ALS PROJEKTLEITER (BASEL)
Wir sind ein mittelgrosses Architekturbüro in Basel, Miami und NY mit rund 30 Mitarbeitern. Unsere Büros sind in selbständig arbeitende Teams gegliedert, welche die Projekte vom Entwurf bis zur Ausführung bearbeiten. Wir schätzen eine offene und direkte Kommunikation zur innovativen Lösung von komplexen Aufgabenstellungen.
Für die Projektierung interessanter und höchst anspruchsvoller Bauaufgaben im In- und Ausland, suchen wir per sofort eine Architektin/einen Architekten mit hoher gestalterischen Ansprüchen.
Sie haben seit Ihrem Studienabschluss mind. 5 Jahre qualifizierte Berufserfahrung in der Schweiz mit den Schwerpunkten Detailprojektierung und Ausführungsplanung gesammelt. Sie besitzen architektonische und gestalterische Sensibilität und sind fähig, unterschiedliche Aufgaben engagiert, selbstständig und präzise zu bearbeiten.
Sehr gute Kenntnisse in ArchiCad, sowie Grundkenntnisse in Revit, Rhino, SketchUp, Photoshop,InDesign, Keynote und MS Office werden vorausgesetzt. Sehr gute Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache in Wort und Schrift sind Bedingung. Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen mit CV und aussagekräftigen Arbeitsproben per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (MIAMI)
Oppenheim Architecture is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist. Support Specialists provide first-line response to end user incidents received via service desk requests and office operational requirements. Support Specialists are generally focused on the day-to-day support of their office and region, but must continually collaborate and communicate with the larger distributed team of support staff across the globe. The success of any one Support Specialist is linked to the overall performance of the team; the ability to cross-train other team members; and the ability to share critical information in the goal of excellent customer response.
Support Specialists are primarily responsible for returning staff to billability as quickly as possible after a technology failure. Because the overall success of the technology support infrastructure is dependent upon this collaboration, Support Specialists are expected to be prodigious communicators and to share a hunger for knowledge about current and new technologies.
This position demands a self-starter and a skilled communicator (written and verbal) who can effectively manage and prioritize support tasks in a dynamic team. The individuals within this team demonstrate high sense of ownership, collaboration, and excellent customer service. This position is focused on rapid service, support and satisfaction with quick incident closure rates, along with a friendly and helpful attitude. Successful administrators are open, empathetic, and can apply a broad range of basic technology knowledge.
- Effectively communicate and work with every level of employee from general end users to high-level managers and Principals.
- Determine most effective problem resolution to minimize client/in-house downtime.
- Provide first level diagnostics and support for MAC desktop hardware platforms, MS Office products including configuring the Desktop Outlook client for both online and offline usage, and other office automation software.
- Provide installation, maintenance and ensure operation of all devices including desktop/laptop computers, printers and peripherals installed within the regional IT infrastructure for all users.
- Provide installation and occasional troubleshooting of core 3D drafting products including ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, 3ds Max as well as other graphics design and rendering software including SketchUp, Rhino, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Install and configure other specialized (departmental) software and provide end user support.
- Provide approved additional software installation and troubleshooting services.
- Image laptops and desktops appropriately during initial deployment, maintenance and end of life replacements.
- Maintain and complete appropriate records for incident resolution.
- Comply with vendor specific maintenance and repair procedures.
- Establish and document configurations, installations, etc. Create support documentation appropriately for new issues.
- Assist troubleshooting and maintenance of VoIP phones.
- Assist staff in troubleshooting equipment such as projectors and video-conferencing equipment needs as required.
- Assist staff with audio visuals in conference rooms as needed.
- Accept and perform special project assignments as deemed necessary by IT management.
- Maintain current knowledge of desktop computing technology, applicable software tools and networking technologies used by Oppenheim. Develop and expand knowledge of these technologies over time.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop rapport with staff to understand their technology skills and tailor hands-on support accordingly.
- Maintain ethical and professional behavior in dealing with users, department associates, and other departments’ personnel. Adhere to all software licensing restrictions.
- Multitask in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining an emphasis on detail and quality.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or technical trade school combined with one to two years of prior help desk and customer service experience. Preferred background in the architecture or engineering industry.
- Extensive knowledge of MAC, MAC Server, Microsoft Office, and search engines
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and desktop troubleshooting.
- A+ Certification in desktop support.
- Familiarity with Macintosh OS X configuration including configuration and support of Outlook Email client in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to disconnect, lift and move PC’s and Monitors (50 lbs) to new desks. Maneuver under counters and in tight spots to run cables and wires for Computers.
- Current knowledge of VoIP-based telephones and Smart Phones is helpful.
PROJECT MANAGER (BASEL)
Responsible for the optimal technical and financial performance of his/her assigned projects. Function as a client advocate. Insure quality of design process: planning solutions, Construction Documents and Construction Administration. Develop and implement the Project Management Plan to insure adherence to schedule and budget. Promote effective client communications. Negotiate contract and assist in marketing.
- Perform an initial contract review to insure full understanding of the requirements. Assure that the following items are included in the written agreement:
– Clear articulation of the work scope.
– Schedule of “deliverables” including description, due dates, standards of acceptance (i.e., number of revisions) and any additional information/documentation required in reports.
– Project start and completion time line.
– Compensation clause stating terms (hourly rates, fixed price, etc.), amount of compensation and collection date, as well as, the client contact authorized to make commitments, changes, sign-off
– Billing information including invoice mailing location, required documentation and any special instructions
- Provide documentation and any other required information to initiate and administer a project. This includes appropriate architectural and administrative staff data for generating a project number, task codes, etc.
- Develop all work scopes and prepare working budgets for projects, subcontracts and all related addenda for submittal to Sr. Studio Director and or Principal, as appropriate.
- Develop a Project Management Plan (PMP) for each project assignment, secure approval, and manage project staff, subcontractors and resources. Prepare monthly Project Status Reports on the project’s technical progress and schedules.
- Negotiate addenda and subcontracts. Assist on internal contract negotiations and budgets (consistent with company policies).
- Function as main communications conduit for clients regarding project requirements and communicate the information to all team members throughout the project’s duration.
- Schedule project team meetings and communicate all technical and other project information to team members, across all disciplines. Perform project and quality control reviews to assure that the project exceeds client expectations.
- Provide thorough and accurate project filing and documentation (including both hard copy and electronic media).
- Review and approve shop drawings, answer field questions and dispose all RFI’s, FC’s and CO’s submitted by the Construction Manager.
- Mentor team staff, provide technical assistance and serve as resource to the staff-at-large in specific areas of expertise.
- Provide all project staff members with accounting and budget information for an accurate recording of labor and expenses (accounting codes, project numbers, etc.).
- Review all financial reports for thoroughness and accuracy (in keeping with policy guidelines) and notify the team leadership in a timely manner of any needed corrections.
- Review all outgoing invoices for accuracy and contract compliance (project/contract number, address, format, content, etc.)
- Document and obtain all necessary change orders and addenda, in a timely manner. Handle contract changes before (not after) work/services are provided. While the Project Manger should anticipate work scope changes in most situations, where changes could not be anticipated, the PM is expected to notify the client and start the change order process, immediately and communicate these changes to the assigned Principal, Studio Director and project team.
- Notify the Group Principal, Studio Director and CFO of any “red flag issues” (i.e. poor performance, client communications breakdown, accidents involving persons/property; etc) which could involve claims against the company, its staff or its subcontractors.
- Assist Finance Director in collecting payments for services rendered on a timely basis, but not more than 45 days from date of invoice.
- Deliver projects within budgets at or above initial profit estimates. Project’s fiscal control and management is one of the main areas of a Project Manager’s responsibility. Therefore, miscommunication and lack of clarity will not be considered an excuse for poor fiscal management.
- Provide an accurate assessment of project performance (both positive and negative) to Team Leadership so that all resources can be directed to serve the best interests of our clients.
- Develop new business with assigned clients and participate as requested in proposal development and presentations.
- Minimum education: Bachelor of Architecture, or equivalent
- License: Highly recommended
- Software proficiency: ArchiCad, Word, Excel, Microsoft Project
- Experience: 8-10 years in the field (two years project management experience)
- Building Type: As appropriate to studio assignment
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, aural and written)
- Team player